App-V Sequence Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with sequencing a program. The problem is with a pathway to a dll file. In one location it shows the file correctly named. When i copy that folder over to a different install folder location, it will not copy with the same folder name and shortens is to the 8.3 format. Is there a way around this besides possibly copy the install folders i need to the C drive? 
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:19 PM

Answers

• Shawn,

With 8+3 folder are you referring the recommended practise of creating package's root directory with 8+3 name and that causing some issues?

Maybe your application has hardcoded paths and need to be sequenced so that during monitoring you install it to the default location (so-called VFS sequence). App-V will map/virtualize all files to the Q: drive but application thinks they are on C:\whatever... when run at the client.

/Kalle

Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am not really certain what your problem really is, could you perhaps explain it in detail?

/Znack

Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:41 PM
  • Shawn,

With 8+3 folder are you referring the recommended practise of creating package's root directory with 8+3 name and that causing some issues?

Maybe your application has hardcoded paths and need to be sequenced so that during monitoring you install it to the default location (so-called VFS sequence). App-V will map/virtualize all files to the Q: drive but application thinks they are on C:\whatever... when run at the client.

/Kalle

Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:40 PM