none
Install of DPM 2010 w/Remote SQL 2008 Fails - Report Configuration Error 812 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I've been trying to move a DPM 2010 install from a local to a remote SQL 2008 instance.  However, when running the DPM installer, it fails on the part that installs the reporting components and throws Error 812.  Checking the error logs, it looks like something's going wrong when it deploys the reports to the remote server, as the error was:

"Exception :  => System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---"

The rub here is that on our SQL server, we have the report services configured to use a non-standard port (in this case, 8010) instead of the default port 80.  Reading through some other threads, i only came across one with a similar issue here, and it unfortunately didn't shed much light on the cause or the resolution.  

My question is, is the use of a port other than 80 what could be causing the problem?  There's no way within the DPM installer to specify different options for the reporting component, and currently we have another application running in our office that uses port 80, so it's not really feasible to run reporting services there.  

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Kmac1914,

Did you get this issue resolved?

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:07 AM