none
Contractor Company Access to PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!   We have a contractor company on my current account that is having issues working with PWA.    The issue below applies to everyone within this company.

• They use laptops provided to them by their own firm (which is obviously the culprit). 
    • They cannot access PWA at all using IE Explorer 8.0 (Error:  Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage)
    • When using Firefox or Chrome, they can access PWA - but cannot navigtate to places such as Manage Timesheets.   They can and enter and submit time in their timesheets - but many advanced feature return the error shown below.  If they have a need to recall a timesheet - well... they simply cannot.

• We've tried comparing security options in IE Explorer - but cannot locate any significant difference in settings that would cause them not to be able to connect with that browser.
    • We are up to date on all patches and service packs.

We are considering a hotel workstation - but would really rather get this fixed.     Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this issue (and more importantly -  a fix)?  

Thanks! 

Randy

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:26 PM

Answers

• It's an authentication issue, but then I suspect you knew that.  I would change the very last security setting within IE (and you'll need to make sure you are in the correct zone etc) so that the user is always prompted for their username and password.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Randy,

Do they have a Proxy Server configured for IE? If so can they bypass it and test again?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:52 PM
  • It's an authentication issue, but then I suspect you knew that.  I would change the very last security setting within IE (and you'll need to make sure you are in the correct zone etc) so that the user is always prompted for their username and password.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Thanks for the reply  Paul !!!   I am  meeting with one of the contractors today and will try both suggestions...   Will update post after testing.....

~RK

Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Thanks for the reply  Ben!!!   When you say "Zone" - I am assuming you mean make sure I click on  "Internet Zone" before making the change to request a prompt, correct?     I am  meeting with one of the contractors today and will try both suggestions (yours and trhe one above)...   Will update post after testing.....

~RK

Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Thansk Ben - this worked like a charm!

~RK

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:29 PM