Calendar items missing in Side-by-side view - Re posted RRS feed

• Question

• Original issue got corrupted due to some reason on the server. Re posting question with history

Original Query : 

We are facing a similar issue of Calendar items missing in Side-by-side view as reported in the following issue for Overlay mode.

Calendar items missing in overlay mode

When our client sync items with the server, they appear correctly. However, sometimes e.g. during initial load, they disappear.
    They are using Win 7 & 10 and Office version from 2007-2016.
    Any help will be appreciated here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply from Steve Fan
    Hi Faisal,
    Do you mean this issue happens with different Office versions (2007-2016) on different Windows OS (Win 7 or Win 10)?
    Are you accessing a shared calendar or just additional calendars from additional accounts added in your Outlook?
    Could you provide more details on this? Do you mean the initial load of Outlook or Calendar? Will a reload fix the issue? It looks the issue happens randomly, correct?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Steve 

Thanks Steve for your reply! Please see my inline comments.
    1. Do you mean this issue happens with different Office versions (2007-2016) on different Windows OS (Win
     7 or Win 10)?

Ans: Yes. I did mean that our clients uses different Office versions ranging from 2007 to 2016. Some are using Win7 and some on Win10. There is no specific environment on which this issue occurs.

2. Are you accessing a shared calendar or just additional calendars from additional accounts added in your Outlook?

Ans: Both

3. Could you provide more details on this? Do you mean the initial load of Outlook or Calendar? Will a reload fix the issue? It looks the issue happens randomly, correct?

Ans: Yes, it happens randomly. However, upon synchronizing with our mailing server, all calendar items appear correctly.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:14 AM

All replies

• 3. Could you provide more details on this? Do you mean the initial load of Outlook or Calendar? Will a reload fix the issue? It looks the issue happens randomly, correct?

Ans: Yes, it happens randomly. However, upon synchronizing with our mailing server, all calendar items appear correctly.

Hi Faisal,

I read through your thread and tried to test in my Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, so far haven't reproduce the issue. Considering that the issue occurs randomly, honestly I am afraid this might be difficult to locate the root cause for the problem. In current situation, here are some more questions I'd like to confirm so that we can try to do further research on this:

Is this a recently occurred issue?
    Are these calendars all belong to Exchange accounts? If this is the case, is there any difference between running in Online mode and Exchange Cached mode?

Further more, to help narrow down the problem, it is suggested to try running Outlook in safe mode(Press Win+R, type"outlook /safe", press Enter.) and see if the issue can be suppressed in safe mode.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 22, 2018 8:21 AM