The Stacks 2 rows or even more.. RRS feed

• Question

• I think it would be better with the stack (window preview) from the taskbar if they where not limited to one row.. On my computer (HP Pavilion) i got 1440x900 screen resolution.

If i have my taskbar on the bottom of my screen i get 10 icons in one stack before it becomes a list view insted of the preview of the windows,.. and if my taskbar is on the left side of the screen i get 8 preview windows in one stack before it becomes a list preview insted of the window preview.

I would like if the taskbar stacks did not have any type of limitations of how many programs or how wide my screen is before it becomes a list view... So if im running 50 programs of the same i would like my hole screen full of the preview windows in the stacks and even with a scrollbar if needed..

So i the stacks to be more like the QuickTab in internet explorer..

Tanx and i hope someone else thinks the same..
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:20 AM

All replies

• Wow, not one person that things the same???
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 12:23 AM

• When I have a dozen or more tabs open in IE8, it is not uncommon for it to crash when I try to close it.  When I have tried to open a tab-group of two or three dozen, IE8 warned me against it.  So, surely you don't think I have much hope for 50 apps on the TaskBar?

For sure i dont want the TaskBar to crach. But for sure its possible to make so it don´t crashes!.. hehe..
    I did use IE8 as example as this is a windows board.. But i use FireFox and i do have over 150 Tabs open at all times and i use FirefoxShowcase to show open tabs and it never crashes.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 10:43 AM

• I did use IE8 as example as this is a windows board..

But i use FireFox and i do have over 150 Tabs open at all times and i use FirefoxShowcase to show open tabs and it never crashes.

So when the guys at FF cook up a TaskBar alternative, you'll be all set.   Your ISP must love you.

Is it someone serious that can answer me?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:41 PM