Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a new gateweay laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium installed.  After messing with it for awhile, I decided I liked XP better.  I have tried to do a clean install of XP, using a previously purchased copy, and am unable.  When it gets to the screen where you select the drive to install XP on, the screen says no drive is present?  What am I doing wrong?  Help!!

Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:14 PM

All replies

• You can't install XP over Vista

You can either format your drive then install XP on it, or you can set up a dual-boot (temporarily if you prefer-to save your data). To do this, visit: http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp It is a good walkthrough. After you copy your data over to your XP machine, you can delete the Vista partition and rebuild your boot record.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:00 PM
  • IN my opinion , it would be better to Boot your System by a Disk manager , according to your HDD make, and then install XP, it will install without any problem, and as said above i dont think you can format C: using Xp cd, you got to reformat the drive using a Dm.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:14 PM
  • I recently installed Vista Home Premium and I am not satisfied. How do I get Windows XP back
    Monday, April 2, 2007 9:31 AM
  •  Anonymous wrote:
    I recently installed Vista Home Premium and I am not satisfied. How do I get Windows XP back

Did you do an upgrade or custom install?
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 1:48 AM