POP Connectivity does not appear to be RRS feed

• Question

• S. Halsey,

I too am experiencing the above issue with the alerts on the "Exchange 2007 Test XXX Connectivity Monitor".  Your workaround works great, thank you for providing it!  Is there any ETA for a permanent fix (so we can re-enable the Test System Health rule)?  Would that come in the form of an update to the OpsMgr Exhange 2007 MP?  Also, POP Connectivity does not appear to be working (checked the box in the wizard, but it never discovers, shows as not monitored), any thoughts on that?  Thanks!
    • Split by S. Halsey Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:15 AM Different Question than the previous thread
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:05 PM

Answers

• For the POP connectivity are you running the latest version of the Exchange 2007 R2 MP (6.0.6702.0).  If you look at the Client Access server which is hosting the transactions are there any errors or warnings logged in the Operations Manager Event Log on the server?  Have you waited up to 24 hours?  By default the discovery runs every 24 hours, and if for some reason it failed the first time running you may need to wait for the 24 hours.

There is no ETA for the issue with the connectivity monitor and the test system health rule currently.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:21 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:18 AM

All replies

• For the POP connectivity are you running the latest version of the Exchange 2007 R2 MP (6.0.6702.0).  If you look at the Client Access server which is hosting the transactions are there any errors or warnings logged in the Operations Manager Event Log on the server?  Have you waited up to 24 hours?  By default the discovery runs every 24 hours, and if for some reason it failed the first time running you may need to wait for the 24 hours.

There is no ETA for the issue with the connectivity monitor and the test system health rule currently.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:21 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:18 AM
  • S. Halsey, thanks for the reply and information!  I checked the logs and there were no errors or warnings in the logs at all.  I actually waited almost 72 hours, it appears that the first two discoveries failed (for a reason I don't know, nothing in the logs), but the third time it worked (today).  Not sure why, but it is working now.  Thanks for your help!
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:41 PM