Folder Icon Vista vs XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Vista. Very happy with it, except for the implications for my music collection.

I've organised all my music in folders by album. In every folder I have a file "folder.jpg" that contains the cover of the album. In XP my music collection was nicely displayed as a set of CD's. With Vista however, the icons are all enclosed by a folder icon, and this makes it a lot less attractive to browse my music collection than it used to be in XP.

Does anyone know how to change the display settings such that it works the same as it did in XP? (so not displaying a superimposed map-icon over my coverart). I've encountered various people on the net that have the same problem, but haven't found a solution yet.

( example: http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=86&t=19712 )

Thanks in advance..

Sunday, January 6, 2008 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi!

I'd LOVE to know how to fix this. It's so annoying. I've been looking forever on google and no one seems to have a solution. Sad

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Yes me too, I find not getting a clear view of whats inside the folders a real hinderance while working and wastes time. All I can find on google is 3rd party software that changes the icon but keeps the vists styling

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:38 AM