none
UAG Password Length and CustomDefault.inc RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to modify the password length for users and I edited CustomDefault.inc to change the PasswordLimit setting.  I copied the file down to Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\InternalSite\inc\CustomUpdate but as soon as I did that I started getting the error below when I went to the site.  Is there a fix for this or has anyone else seen it?  For now I just directly edited the CustomDefault.inc file in the inc folder, but I'd like to use the CustomUpdate option.

"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."

Thanks,
    Ken

Friday, August 27, 2010 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Ken

If you copied the CustomDefault.inc file from the \von\InternalSite\inc folder, then this is the cause of the error. You should copy the CustomDefault.inc file from the \von\InternalSite\samples folder.

Regards,

-Ran

• Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:43 PM
    Friday, August 27, 2010 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Ken

If you copied the CustomDefault.inc file from the \von\InternalSite\inc folder, then this is the cause of the error. You should copy the CustomDefault.inc file from the \von\InternalSite\samples folder.

Regards,

-Ran

• Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:43 PM
    Friday, August 27, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Ah, that was it.

Thanks,
    Ken

Friday, August 27, 2010 9:42 PM
  • Hi Ran -

This works for the portal logon page, but does not appear to applly to the "on-the-fly" logon pages.  Is there a separate place to edit the password length limit for those?

Thanks!

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:03 PM