none
Project web app odata connection forbidden access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have set up a SharePoint site with project web app to upload out company milestone plan to. I do not have full control over my account/licenses, that is governed by our infrastructure team, however I do have enough access to be able to access all of the odata feeds I need.

I have developed a tool in VBA that connects to the odata feed for the project data (https://*site.sharepoint.com/sites/primarysite/subsite/_api/Projectdata/Tasks()), I then have controls that can refresh the query, filter data and produce a report based around data parameters.

That all works fine for me, however for other users that try to run my report, they receive a forbidden access error when refreshing the query.

We log in via our 365 organisational accounts, and previous tools I have built which connect to lists work fine when users have been added to the portfolio viewer user group, but I don't see any additional permissions that would be able to grant permission to the project data.

I have done a bit of googling and found that there might be something called Access Project Server Reporting Service, this sounds like exactly what I would need to be turned on for my other staff members, however that option isn't available to me and the people with the access don't seem to know what I am asking for, so if I could be pointed towards a definitive answer as to what needs to be turned on to give the PWA odata access, I can hopefully get this set up.

Many thanks

Tom

Friday, April 20, 2018 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

please check if you see something like "Manage Categories", "Manage Groups", in PWA Settings. If not, you are running "SharePoint Permission Mode" instead of "Project Server Permission Mode".

There may be a way to enable Project Server Reporting Service in SharePoint Permission Mode. But I am never using it, so I am not sure if it is possible how to do.

See e.g. https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/sharepoint-permission-mode-vs-project-permission-mode-in-project-server-2016-2/ for a comparison (the same is true for Project Online).At the bottom of this page, you will find "How to switch between Permission Modes In Project Online?", this needs to be done by a global admin.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, April 20, 2018 5:33 PM