none
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Recovery after Blue Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 8.1 Enterprise system with bitlocker enabled which started blue screening this morning. I removed hard disk and stuck into a different system. I started getting errors after entering recovery code for bit locker. I tried the fix your system from starting correctly options and those failed. I tried doing a system restore from a former date and now the system won't boot. I booted via 8.1 USB key and got to command prompt. I noticed that c: drive has 9 bytes recovery file and nothing else. I also noticed that the former c: drive is on e: drive.

Can I somehow get the system back to normal?

Edward Swible

Monday, April 11, 2016 4:49 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately I tried another method to recover and lost everything. So never mind for now.

Edward Swible

• Marked as answer by Ed - LSUHSC Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Ed – LSUHSC,

Recently, I have gone through an amazing blog, http://bit.ly/1Q4ca0W  which help me in understanding the concept of Blue Screen of Death(BSOD). You should also go through this and you will be able to resolve the BSOD issue.

Cheers,
    Aruna Attri

• Edited by Aruna Attri Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:45 AM
  • Hi Edward Swible,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that have you made any changes before the issue occurred? Have you used double systems?

We may try BCD entry to check the result. Please refer to the link:

BCDEdit Command-Line Options:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709667(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 11:50 AM
  • Unfortunately I tried another method to recover and lost everything. So never mind for now.

Edward Swible

• Marked as answer by Ed - LSUHSC Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:10 PM