Windows 7 network shortcuts disappear RRS feed

• Question

• On a Windows 7 Pro PC joined to a Windows SBS 2008 Server we have a problem where network shortcuts disappear.  This seems to happen when the end user uses remote desktop to get into the PC.   The system maintenance in the schedule tasks was removed so the desktop cleanup won't remove unused shortcuts. this seems to be the solution when I search the problem, but it hasnt worked for this one PC.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:55 PM

All replies

• On a Windows 7 Pro PC joined to a Windows SBS 2008 Server we have a problem where network shortcuts disappear also. The user says it may have to do with when he hibernates.

Shortcuts on desktop that disappear are ones that go to mapped drives. When he goes home after laptop hibernates, shortcuts have disappeared. This has happened twice now.

User advises when he resumes his PC the icons appear there for a second and then they disappear. Trying to see if SFC will give me anything, also trying to make shortcuts to the local drive to see if they disappear. 

Will try the system maintenance on this PC and will give updates as I have them.

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:21 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TanNYC Monday, February 6, 2012 2:43 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:49 PM