What about IKEv1, PPTP? RRS feed

• Question

• I waited three years for VPN...

Lancom doesn't support IKEv2, I have 3000 users in Lancom networks and when they ask me "may I now have a Windows phone?" I have to answer: "Microsoft wasn't able to add a feature every other smartphone has again"

Really disappointing waited till this month with ordering phones as I've seen this update... Another 120 android phones...

Friday, July 18, 2014 2:34 PM

Answers

• With Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1, VPN now supports L2TP.

You are correct that Windows Phone does not currently support IKEv1 or PPTP.

We are aware of the feedback, but unfortunately are not at liberty to discuss unreleased future products on this forum.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 11:11 PM

All replies

• With Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1, VPN now supports L2TP.

You are correct that Windows Phone does not currently support IKEv1 or PPTP.

We are aware of the feedback, but unfortunately are not at liberty to discuss unreleased future products on this forum.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Hi,

The L2TP with IPsec VPN connection introduced in WP8.1 does not work with servers located behind a NAT device. 

In Windows 8/7 or Server 2008/2012, this can be resolved by adding the Register key AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule.

In Windows Phone there is no way to edit the registry.

Any suggestion how to make  L2TP with IPsec VPN  work  with  WP8.1 for Servers  located behind a NAT?

Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:17 PM