How to show alphabetically a Performance Point filter populated with a cube dimension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have one filter in my dashboard populated with a cube dimension. And I want to show alphabetically the values of this dimension in my filter.

The dimension is a hierarchy, for example like the following:

A (parent)

• A
    • D

B (parent)

• BB
    • CC

C (parent)

• AA
    • DD

As a Dimension of my filters I have the hierarchy above and as members I have "All descendants of "ALL"", so the dropdown list of the filter in my dashboard shows the following:

A D BB CC AA DD

And I want to show them as following: A AA BB CC D DD.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Joss83

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:06 PM

Answers

• Instead of pulling descendants from your hierarchy try pulling members of dimension that constitute this hierarchy. Like if I have [manager].[associate] instead of selecting all descendants I can create an MDX filter fetching members of [associate] dimension.

If your dimension is sorted you would get sorted result. Otherwise you can add ORDER( [associate], [associate].currentmember.name, ASC) in your MDX filter to sort as desired.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Joss83 Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:31 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, as you said I used the ORDER expression, but instead of ASC, I have used BASC to break the inheritance of the hierarchy

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:31 AM

All replies

• Instead of pulling descendants from your hierarchy try pulling members of dimension that constitute this hierarchy. Like if I have [manager].[associate] instead of selecting all descendants I can create an MDX filter fetching members of [associate] dimension.

If your dimension is sorted you would get sorted result. Otherwise you can add ORDER( [associate], [associate].currentmember.name, ASC) in your MDX filter to sort as desired.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, as you said I used the ORDER expression, but instead of ASC, I have used BASC to break the inheritance of the hierarchy

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:31 AM