none
Viewing Cost Split (CAPEX/OPEX) in Cash Flow Excel Report in Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have defined 2 Resource type "Cost" in my resources to split the cost in "CAPEX" and "OPEX". What I want now is to see a Monthly Breakup per Project for CAPEX and OPEX over the length of my Program. I am able to generate the same for cost, but need split in the charts and table for CAPEX and OPEX.

Appreciate ur help.

Rgds

Zafar

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Zafar,

Here is another proposal. I've created a master plan composed by Project A and Project B, both using the same OPEX and CAPEX cost resources. Then pick up the Baseline cost visual report which allows you drilling down at task level (ie for a master project at project level, even task level if needed). 

Then doing some formatting with the pivot table in Excel could provide the following chart. After that, it is just a matter of playing with Excel to display OPEX/CAPEX along the time dimension, projects, resources.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Zafar,

Indeed the visual report/cash flow does not provide the ability to break down along the resources.

Here is an example from the following project plan:

Choose instead the resource cost summary visual report and then customize it a bit in Excel:

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:26 AM
  • Guillaume Thx. I tried it before. Let me go in detail what i need. The trick here is to see if there is a way wherein I can keep the same structure as you mentioned above and also able to see split by project (Tasks as i have a program) on the X-Axis. So e.g. I would have Multiple Bars (One per project Split into Stacked CAPEX OPEX or two bars per project) 

I hope I am able to explain. Basically a Mix of Task & Resource Cost Usage combined.

I cant upload images as the site is telling that its verifying my account. 

Rgds

Zafar

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:37 AM
  • Hi Zafar,

Here is another proposal. I've created a master plan composed by Project A and Project B, both using the same OPEX and CAPEX cost resources. Then pick up the Baseline cost visual report which allows you drilling down at task level (ie for a master project at project level, even task level if needed). 

Then doing some formatting with the pivot table in Excel could provide the following chart. After that, it is just a matter of playing with Excel to display OPEX/CAPEX along the time dimension, projects, resources.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:52 AM
  • Guillaume Rouyre. You are the MAN :). This was exactly what i was looking for. Thx. 

Rgds

Zafar

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:08 AM
  • You're more than welcome!

Please mark my reply as an answer so others users with a similar concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:33 AM