none
On line archiving questions

Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a question that my super presented to me, and I don't feel I can answer it correctly and I thought I would ping you all to see if this could be possible.

My question is this,

I understand that we can make multiple Archive databases and assign users to the databases, but is it possible to move email from a certain date from an online archive database over to a secondary Archive database?

To elaborate, User A has been with the company for 10 years, has a 2gb inbox with email in an archive database for past years [ all emails older than 2 years are moved to the online archive ]. We bring up another archive database that is housed not on the server, but a NAS device. What we are trying to determine is if it would be possible to move emails in the online archive that are older than say 5-7 years to the secondary online archive on the NAS device.

Hopefully this is clear enough to understand.

Thanks,

~Jason

• Edited by Jason Tosland Friday, April 15, 2016 4:50 PM * clarification on the question *
    Friday, April 15, 2016 4:22 PM

Answers

• I understand that, but that is not this question.

What you are talking about is already in place, and this specifically deals with moving emails from a certain date range from one archive database to another.

As far as i know, you can only have 1 archive db per user.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by Jason Tosland Friday, April 15, 2016 10:53 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 5:59 PM
  • No you can't. One mailbox and One Archive is by design. If you want you can setup another mailbox where he can keep all the older emails which are less frequently used. 

Where Technology Meets Talent

• Marked as answer by Jason Tosland Friday, April 15, 2016 10:52 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 7:32 PM

All replies

• Yes you can create retention policys to automatically move messages to the archive mailbox and assign these polices to users.

Patrik

Friday, April 15, 2016 4:27 PM

What you are talking about is already in place, and this specifically deals with moving emails from a certain date range from one archive database to another.

Friday, April 15, 2016 4:49 PM

As far as i know, you can only have 1 archive db per user.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by Jason Tosland Friday, April 15, 2016 10:53 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 5:59 PM
  • No you can't. One mailbox and One Archive is by design. If you want you can setup another mailbox where he can keep all the older emails which are less frequently used. 

Where Technology Meets Talent

• Marked as answer by Jason Tosland Friday, April 15, 2016 10:52 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 7:32 PM