none
How to grant read only access to customer RRS feed

• Question

• In Sharepoint permission mode, I want to grant read only access to my customer. I want him to see the tasks and the Gantt but not allow to modify anything. I have tried the default Visitors to the PWA group but then the customer can't see the Project Center.

Any help to achieve this. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:44 PM

All replies

• Ricard --

It is because of unique security needs like this that I recommend you switch to Project Server permissions mode.  Doing this would allow you to create a custom Group and Category for each customer, and then to be able to grant them the very specific permissions they need to see the information necessary.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Richard:

There are certainly ways to accomplish this. You would have to minimally add the customer to the Team Members for Project Web App group. The standard SharePoint groups grant access to the pages, but not the content. So they do not work, unless you simply give your customer access to the project site to see the tasks.

Add your customer to the project team without an assignment, and your customer will see the project in the project Center.

Depending on circumstances, you might also use department filtering in your scheme.

You do not have to change your permission mode.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:49 AM