none
Error creating new VM: The server encountered an error while configuring devices on [VM Name]

Question

• Hi,

Starting today, I've been unable to use Hyper-V Manager effectively. First, it was that HVM didn't recognize my local Win 10 computer as a server. So, I disabled the feature, restarted, enabled it, restarted again. Then, HVM appeared to be back up, connecting to my local machine and seeing all of the other VMs I've created. After that, I wanted to create a new one, installing the OS from the MDT build lab ISO. That's when I get this error:

I tried running as admin and I've verified that the virtual machine management service is running. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:48 PM

All replies

• An update on this- I do not receive this error with Gen 1 VMs, only Gen 2. If anyone sees this, I hope it helps!
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:26 PM
  • Hi Sir,

>>So, I disabled the feature, restarted, enabled it, restarted again.

Do you mean only  the hyper-v management tool was re-installed ?

If yes , I'd also suggest you to re-install hyper-v platform then test again .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Here's some detail on how I disabled the feature in Win 10:

Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > [Uncheck] Hyper-V > Reboot

I unchecked the "top" box, as to include both Management Tools as well as Platform.

Friday, April 28, 2017 1:06 PM