skydrive pro and checkout/checkin RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sharepoint 2010 farm. skydrive pro connects to it, I can see all my files, great. if I open a word document, or an excel document, (both 2013) from my skydrive pro folder, I get the yellow bar at the top to check it out. which is fine. if I open a text document, or a visio document (2010), there is no checkout dialog when I open it, or checkin dialog when I save or close the visio. then I get an error in the system tray about unable to sync with the server.

is this expected? do I have to be on 2013 everything for skydrive pro to work, or is there a setting somewhere to "always check out the online version when opening"?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:33 PM

Answers

• Hi John_Curtiss,

I have a test in my local server about this issue.

The issue is related to the checkin/checkout option in SharePoint, and office version, visio 2010 doesn’t prompt to checkout and upload.

When I disable the force checkout option, the issue doesn’t occurs, all type of documents works as expected. When enable the force checkout option, visio 2010 document cannot saved and uploaded to the server, skydrive pro shows checkout issue. This is because that the document is opened offline, not checked out to be modified, and visio 2010 doesn’t shows options to check out.

When I install visio 2013 in my local PC, testing the visio 2013 document it works well.

Based on this, it seems relate to office version. So I would suggest you to use visio 2013 instead, or if force checkout is necessary, you can disable this.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:07 AM
    Monday, June 3, 2013 4:42 AM