Should the maintenance tasks be disabled when a a HotFix is installed for CM 1606. RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently upgraded my SCCM 2012 R2 Site to CB 1606. I followed the checklist from varioous sites for this upgrade. Now with new Updates and Servicing Feature I see a hotfix for 1606.

Configuration Manager 1606 Hotfix. (KB3192616)

So my question is before I start installing the HotFix should I disable the Maintenance Tasks for the site?

From MSDN,

Disable all site maintenance tasks at each site for the duration of the update installation on that site:
    Before you install the update, disable any site maintenance task that might run during the time the update process is active. This includes but is not limited to the following:

• Backup Site Server
    • Delete Aged Client Operations
    • Delete Aged Discovery Data

• Edited by KrysWood Thursday, September 28, 2017 12:39 PM Re-Organize the content
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 12:38 PM

All replies

• Yes, according to the docs. (But I've never seen issues not doing so. I just made sure that no task would be scheduled/running during the upgrade)

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:08 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

Thank you for your answer. I ran into a major Problem last month when I upgraded the Primary site to 1606 from 2012R2 SP1. The replication link between Primary and all121 Secondary Sites (huh) was broken and we could never fix this issue even with the help of MS Support. We had to remove all our secondary sites and reinstalled site Servers with only DP role. We could never figure out what was the Problem. We did not not upgrade any of our secondary sites and that was never our plan anyways.

The plan was to get rid of all these secondary sites "After" the Primary siter upgrade, but we had to do it in a Situation we never expected(broken replication link) and with a very very tight timelines.

The only mistake (atleast as far as I think) was I installed this hotfix (KB3192616) without disabling any of our maintainence tasks. May be or May be not this caused the issue??? I am still wondering !!!

Monday, October 2, 2017 9:35 AM