The incoming call from external drop if Lync user is not logging in. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

The incoming call from external drop if Lync user is not logging in. Can we make the caller to hear the ring tone even the Lync user is not logged in?

Thanks in advance. 

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:39 AM

All replies

• it need to be configured from your voice gateway to provide ringing back tone without waiting the response from lync server.

what is your gateway type.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hi May_TH ,

Based on my research, there are no settings could achieve it on the skype for business server side, but you could achieve it on your PSTN gateway ,you could refer to the following link.

https://cmcgreanor.wordpress.com/2014/12/30/no-ring-back-in-pstn-to-lync-calls/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Hi Leon Lu, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you please provide me a link for we can't able to achieve it on the Skype for business server side?

Have a nice day ahead, 

Regards, 

May

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Leon and Hamed. You can manipulate 480 temporarily unavailable within a gateway like audiocodes. It also depens how your SIP Trunk provider handle the calls. 

You can also enable voicemail for the users or let them forward their calls to a reception ?

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Hi May,

These settings are not related to the Skype for business server side,it is related to your PSTN gateway,you could connect to your vendor

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by May Nine Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:04 AM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 9:12 AM
  • there is no need for document it is coming from the sequence of call, what happen when you are offline that SFB send not available sip response and the gateway work as transparent (which is default) and return it back to customer and while waiting for the response he just send the trying (ringing) tone.

the only way to tell the gateway to send ringing back tone immediately till waiting the response from SFB and then send the actual response from SFB  

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:03 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

• Proposed as answer by May Nine Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:06 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:01 AM