Exchange 2016 and Outlook 2019 account connection issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have several (2 solved, 1 to go) issues with Exchange 2016 and Outlook 2019.

1. When I try to add an account with the Outlook 2019 wizard it keeps asking for the password. I found the solution on this forum and solved it by adding the registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\setup
    DWord: DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation

By adding an account you now come in the (detailed) Outlook 2016 setup.
    This works fine, until…

2. …Outlook tests the account configuration and prompts with:
    “Login to EAS e-mail server (Exchange ActiveSync): Cannot find the server.”
    I solved this by:
    Restarting the computer with the message open, and the account is added in Outlook 2019. The prompt is gone. Everything works great.

3. And now the last and not yet solved problem. Most of the users have 2 accounts (mailboxes) installed and working. I have one user who has 4 accounts. The first 2 make a connection with exchange, but number 3 and 4 are not.

(The same user on the old computer with Outlook 2010 and connection with Exchange 2016 has no problems with the 4 accounts.)

any help is appreciated,

Thanks and cheers,

Ron
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Aidan,

Thank you for providing me solutions. One of them worked!!!

I've created a new profile, and this time I've created the accounts in a different order.
    Now all 4 of them connect to the Exchange Server.

So I think the problem is solved. :)

Thank you very much for your help and I wish you a good weekend.

Best regards,

Ron

• Marked as answer by Ron Knox Monday, December 2, 2019 12:27 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2019 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Ron,

>> I have one user who has 4 accounts. The first 2 make a connection with exchange, but number 3 and 4 are not.

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred? Is there any detailed error message?

In this situation, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if your email accounts can work well on the web mail. You can also remove them and re-configure them on your Outlook client.

Besides, it is also suggested to individually configure that problematic account on a new profile and see if there is any difference. For your reference: Create an Outlook profile.

In addition, please use Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer tool to test the connection situation.(Type the account information and click on "Perform Test") If there is an error message, please paste the test results here so that we can do further research.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:33 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

I am replacing the computers in our office with new ones. The old computers have Office 2010, the new Win10 and Office 2019. I replaced them one at a time. The old computer with Outlook 2010 has no connection problem with the 4 accounts. (see picture; couldnt upload) The new computer connects only with the first 2 accounts.

Connection with the webbased mail for the 4 accounts is no problem.

I ran the Analyzer tool (for account #3) but it produces a lot of text. Do you really want me to upload the text here? 
    This is the minor text: (translated from Dutch to English)

Exchange Web Services synchronization, notifications, availability and automatic responses.
      Tests of all Exchange Web Service tasks have been successfully completed.

Additional details

Test steps

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer tries to test Automatic Detection for d....@menerga.nl.
      Autodiscover has been successfully tested.

Additional details

Test steps
    Creating a temporary folder to perform synchronization tests.
      Temporarily created folder successfully.

Additional details
    Create and delete items in a test folder to confirm synchronization changes.
      Synchronization changes have been successfully confirmed.

Additional details

Test steps
    Items are created and deleted in a test folder to confirm notification events.
      The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer received the expected notification events for the actions performed in the test.

Additional details

Test steps
    Appointments are made and deleted from the user's calendar to confirm the user's availability.
      User Availability has been successfully confirmed.

Additional details

Test steps
    Set and retrieve OOF user settings.
      The Auto Answer user settings (OOF) were successfully set and retrieved.

Additional details

Test steps

Best regards,

Ron

Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:59 PM
  • Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

Does this problem only happen on one specific new computer?

>> (see picture; couldnt upload)

If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here.

>> I ran the Analyzer tool (for account #3) but it produces a lot of text. Do you really want me to upload the text here? 

You may paste here if there is an error message; If not, that's fine.

Have you tried configuring account #3or4 on a new profile? What's the result?

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thank you for providing me solutions. One of them worked!!!

I've created a new profile, and this time I've created the accounts in a different order.
    Now all 4 of them connect to the Exchange Server.

So I think the problem is solved. :)

Thank you very much for your help and I wish you a good weekend.

Best regards,

Ron

• Marked as answer by Ron Knox Monday, December 2, 2019 12:27 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2019 11:09 AM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to see your issue has been fixed.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

Exchange 2016 and Outlook 2019 account connection issues

Solution Summary:

Creating and using a new Profile.

Reference Links:

No.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 1:34 AM