none
Lifecam.exe fails on initialization

Question

• Not sure when but suddenly Lifecam.exe fails to start.  Any ideas what may be the cause?

Faulting application name: LifeCam.exe, version: 3.60.253.0, time stamp: 0x4cfea77f

Faulting module name: System.ni.dll, version: 2.0.50727.5456, time stamp: 0x4ef6caea

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00141863

Faulting process id: 0x1bec

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd42cc4a64645c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeCam.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System\ce9ff6baf9053ed2ed673d948179195c\System.ni.dll

Report Id: 8a50be23-aebf-11e1-b6d6-0026b9e9f462

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this issue occurred recently, I suggest you try system restore to go back to a previous good time point firstly.

Also, try to refer to the following article to troubleshoot this issue:

Resolve compatibility issues between LifeCam and other programs

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953692

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since this issue occurred recently, I suggest you try system restore to go back to a previous good time point firstly.

Also, try to refer to the following article to troubleshoot this issue:

Resolve compatibility issues between LifeCam and other programs

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953692

Alex Zhao

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:00 AM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Was the information provided in previous reply helpful to you? Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Alex Zhao

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Mine happens to be a vx 3000.
    Seems Microsoft Webcam installer has redirected to the Skype page from the webcams original installation CD and returns null "There is no camera connected to this computer". Bullshit! Running the Logitech cam installer. It did however bring up a device manager detection sub-installer-module in Win7. Further proof Microsoft is destroying and screwing everything up in Windows 7. Even knowledgeable "customers are mostly always right" when it comes to, about BITS-transferable altered remote hive files storage arrays (probably fiber-channel) and update servers. The previous installation was uninstalled and then re-installed after a System Restore. (The CD is now useless as it now wants an internet connection to download Live Essentials Bloatware from Microsoft in the Skype redirect which does nothing to complete a successful installation. They're trying to force consumers to trash their investment. Innovation as it applies only to Microsoft
    Its obviously clear how Microsoft tries to control its competitors market products between its 32 and 64 bit OS's. Installation failure. Program and OS compatibility modes had no effect. My Logitech cam installation also failed and no installation compatibility or admin elevation had any effect whatsoever.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:43 PM