Automatic downloads everyday. RRS feed

• Question

• The last 4 days I have gotten the same download Security pack and it keeps wanting to download when I am on line. I have at least 5 copies of it now and want to know how to stop it and why it is happening.
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:54 PM

All replies

• Which Security Pack are you talking about? Is this a Windows Update issue?
    If yes, try to reset the Windows Update components by following the instructions published in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article that you find at the following web address

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:36 PM
  • The one that keeps downloading everyday automatically is Security updates for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB 2538242)I have about 6 copies ot so far so I changed my automatic updates to notify me about updates and let me decide if I want the update or not. This is a little more incovienent but I am not downloading the samething everyday. I checked my download history and their they are all 6 copies. The download notification pops up on my screen a number of times during the day to download more. I will try your suggestion. Thanks

Recently received e mail to reset my password
    Friday, October 7, 2011 1:33 PM
  • The Visual C++ runtimes are needed by many software installed on your system, even in different versions for different Visual C++ versions.
    If you've verified that this update is installed in your system, you can hide it in the list of available updates and then reset the Windows Update components as I've suggested you in my first answer.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Friday, October 7, 2011 3:12 PM