none
Trouble having select projects show up in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently made some custom field and project center view changes in Project Server 2010. After making these changes there are a few select projects not showing up in Project Center anymore.

When I look in Server Settings -> Delete Enterprise Projects, the projects are listed there but as a "working" project type not "published".

Would this be the reason these project are not showing up in Project Center? I am one of the administrators but relatively new to Project Server. How would I access this project that I am not the owner of to somehow publish it? 

Monday, December 30, 2013 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi BC,

Only published projects are shown in PWA project center views.

Project owners have to publish their projects from PWA on Project Pro.

Or as administrator, you can do it for them (open projects from MS Project Pro or PWA and publish them).

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, December 30, 2013 5:46 PM

All replies

• Hi BC,

Only published projects are shown in PWA project center views.

Project owners have to publish their projects from PWA on Project Pro.

Or as administrator, you can do it for them (open projects from MS Project Pro or PWA and publish them).

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, December 30, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Check if you have applied any custom filter. Normally this cant be a reason. As you have created new field project which will not have nay value for the field will show empty row for the custom field. 

You can ask project manager to publish those project or As an admin you can open project from MPP, connet MPP from Server then click on enterprise project list  select the project form list, open then publish.

It is important to notice that at this point the project plan is saved in the Project Server draft/working database and status would be working . It is not visible to others in the PWA Project Center until the project plan has been published. If others must see the plan immediately, select the Publish button in the Schedule Tools tab of the ribbon.

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Monday, December 30, 2013 5:53 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Monday, December 30, 2013 5:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by BC8804 Monday, December 30, 2013 6:09 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by BC8804 Monday, December 30, 2013 6:10 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 5:49 PM
  • Yes that worked! All I had to do was open it in Project Professional and select publish and it then showed up in Project Center.

Thanks!

Monday, December 30, 2013 6:09 PM