Seibel + SAP - Passthrough does not work. RRS feed

• Question

• Siebel application has passthrough to SAP application and it has been Dynamically Suited with Seibel package.  When we invoke the passthrough we find a error message "path not found" in filemon.

Our observation is that the application has the right short file name info in the sft file(sequencer.jpg), but the folder(C:\progra~1\common~1\SAPSHA~1) is not accessible when it is accessed in command prompt within the virtual bubble.

Whereas the folder is accessible with the original folder name.

Kindly advise how the shortfile name issue could be resolved. Is there a way i could attach screen shot to this post???

J.Caleb Kirubakaran

Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Second update;

I just confirmed a shortname / DSC issue with the 4.6 Beta and the above client / sequencer and reported it via connect.

To workaround the issue I placed the file that was needed in the primary package (as the primary packages VE is available, however nothing suiteds VE is..).

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

since you couldn't attach the picture, :), I was wondering where this value is stored? Is the path located in a registry key, where you could switch it to a non-dos-path?

/Znack
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:30 AM
  • the value is not stored anywhere. this path cant be changed as this is being accessed by Blue.exe which is a component which gets installed with Seibel. We do not have control over this application. Blue.exe gets initiated when clicking on the passthrough. This executable helps Seibel to launch SAP. Please get back if you need more info.
    J.Caleb Kirubakaran
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:44 PM
  • Hello,

I have seen this problem with office 2007 used as a depency (however not if utilizied the same package on its own..).

I am thinking about either upgrading to CU1 sequencer or giving the SP1 a try, but at the moment thats the best shoot I have without submitting a bug (it could probably be workaround somehow...)

Client is on CU1 + hotfix package 6, so thats at the latest version already...

/Znack

Monday, October 19, 2009 4:41 PM
  • Hello,

Second update;

I just confirmed a shortname / DSC issue with the 4.6 Beta and the above client / sequencer and reported it via connect.

To workaround the issue I placed the file that was needed in the primary package (as the primary packages VE is available, however nothing suiteds VE is..).

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:06 PM