none
Distribution Group Query RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Team

    I have a distribution group in exchange server 2007, Normally the email flow is working fine with this.

    i need a distribution group like, if i send an email to the distribution group , the members in DG shuld be able to see his / her name in the TO list , not the Distribution group name.

    How can i do this?

    Eg : if i send a company information to all employee who are all in one DG, In users outlook, they can able to see the their name in the CC field, not the DG name

     

     

     


    ramakrishnan
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies

  • On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:04:22 +0000, rush2ramki wrote:
     
    >I have a distribution group in exchange server 2007, Normally the email flow is working fine with this.
    >
    >i need a distribution group like, if i send an email to the distribution group , the members in DG shuld be able to see his / her name in the TO list , not the Distribution group name.
    >
    >How can i do this?
    >
    >Eg : if i send a company information to all employee who are all in one DG, In users outlook, they can able to see the their name in the CC field, not the DG name
     
    You'll have to send to each person individually if you want the
    message to be personalized.
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:39 PM
  • hi Rich

     

    i don't want to select each and every users in gal, i would like to send to DL

     


    ramakrishnan
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:16 AM
  • On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:16:19 +0000, rush2ramki wrote:
     
    >i don't want to select each and every users in gal, i would like to send to DL
     
    Then that's the address that will show up in the "To:" or "Cc:"
    header. You're not addressing the message to an individual, you're
    sending the message a DL.
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:33 PM
  • Rich

     

    What am asking for like, in most of the companies, HR has sent the payslip to the Distribution Group , it will reach the end user as the TO filed is look like the end user mail address not a "DG"

     

    not sure they are achiving it via 3rd party

     

     


    ramakrishnan
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:10 AM
  • On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 07:10:33 +0000, rush2ramki wrote:
     
    >What am asking for like, in most of the companies, HR has sent the payslip to the Distribution Group
     
    I'm pretty sure that sending a person's "payslip" to a distribution
    group is just so wrong on so many levels!
     
    >it will reach the end user as the TO filed is look like the end user mail address not a "DG"
     
    You should be sending an individual message to each recipient and,
    IMO, the thing better be encrypted.
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:09 AM
  • Hi,

    It can only achieve on client side.

    Here is a method you can have a try.

    http://omaralzabir.com/send_a_message_individually_to_all_recipients_using_outlook/

    I would also suggest you post the question to outlook forum:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/threads


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Jason LJS Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by rush2ramki Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:32 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:00 AM
  • Hi jason

     

    Have gone throgh the link and tested my self, it is not working for my self

    it showing as "Distribution List name" in TO field instead of the individual

    however the above link is good

    anywat thanks a lot for help

     


    ramakrishnan
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:32 AM
  • Hi jason

     

    Have gone throgh the link and tested my self, it is not working for my self

    it showing as "Distribution List name" in TO field instead of the individual

    however the above link is good

    anywat thanks a lot for help

     


    ramakrishnan
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:32 AM