Outlook password RRS feed

• Question

• I changed the password for my gmail account. But Outlook rejected to save my new password. Please help!
    Sunday, September 23, 2018 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi metzgary,

Generally, after changing the password for gmail account in Gmail Website, please select App passwords to generate a unique password to enter into Outlook. Gmail requires the use of two-factor authentication and an app password to check your email in Outlook. For more information, see Set up two-factor authentication for Gmail.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by metzgary Monday, September 24, 2018 2:03 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2018 5:15 AM

All replies

• Hi metzgary,

Generally, after changing the password for gmail account in Gmail Website, please select App passwords to generate a unique password to enter into Outlook. Gmail requires the use of two-factor authentication and an app password to check your email in Outlook. For more information, see Set up two-factor authentication for Gmail.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by metzgary Monday, September 24, 2018 2:03 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2018 5:15 AM
  • Thanks!
    Monday, September 24, 2018 2:04 PM