Problem with reinstall RDS (Terminal Services) RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Server 2019 with the Terminal Services installed (RD Connection Broker, RD Licencing, RD Session Host and RD Web Access). Unfortunately, by accident, I removed the Default web site from the IIS server where RD Web Access was installed. I have attempted to reinstall RDS services. I was able to easily uninstall all RDS services except RD Web Access. 

There is a 0x800f0922 error when I try to uninstall Web Access from Server Manager. Similarly, if I use PowerShell to remove the role (Uninstall-WindowsFeature -name RDS-Web-Access).

PS C:\Windows\system32> Uninstall-WindowsFeature -name RDS-Web-Access
    Uninstall-WindowsFeature : The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.
    Removal of one or more roles, role services, or features failed. Error: 0x800f0922
    At line:1 char:1
    + Uninstall-WindowsFeature -name RDS-Web-Access
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (@{Vhd=; Credent...Name=localhost}:PSObject) [Uninstall-WindowsFeature
       ], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DISMAPI_Error__Failed_Disabling_Updates,Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Commands.RemoveW
       indowsFeatureCommand

Success Restart Needed Exit Code      Feature Result
    ------- -------------- ---------      --------------
    False   No             Failed         {}

Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If possible, please open CMD with admin permission, then, type “sfc /scannow” to check/repair system files. Then, if possible, please re-start system and try to un-install the server role again to check the result.

If there is any corruption/error returns by SFC, please reference “Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files” to manually repair the file:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 4, 2019 4:40 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 7, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, January 14, 2019 1:13 AM