Win 10: print a file to pdf from PS without prompt RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to print a file (particularly a fillable pdf) to a pdf (to bake in the changable forms) from command-line.

So far, I've got this:

Get-Content input.pdf | Out-Printer -name "Microsoft Print to PDF"

There are two issues with this.

(1) I need to choose output file location and name. Is there a way to set the output file path and name in-line.

(2) Even when I selecet a directory and type in the file name and even though it shows the printing modal dialogue, it says it prints page n (I have waited up 60+ pages printed) and seams to never stop. However, the input.pdf is only a single-age document that contains only text (using fonts FreeMono and FreeMonoBold of different size) and some basic table. It should be easily printable.

Friday, March 8, 2019 9:58 AM

All replies

• This is not possible with "Out-Printer".  You can use Word automation to convert a fie to a PDF.   You cannot make a fillable form in any way except by using "Adobe Acrobat" or another vendors software.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, March 8, 2019 12:25 PM
  •  Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Monday, March 11, 2019 2:58 AM