Exchange AA telephone extension is not redirected to the correct mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2013 SP1

1. two mailbox servers

2. Two CAS Servers.

I have 2 dial plans

1. Lync 2013 dial plan and the type is SIP URI. this one works fine

2. sbcdirect and URI type is telephone extension: this one is not working as expected.

when I assign any user to the sbcdirect dial plan only. the AA is not working as expected, means when the user is not answering the phone the caller will not be redirected to correct mailbox instead he will hear the following message

"Thank you for calling the Microsoft Auto Attendant, to reach a specific person. just tell me their name".

the question is why the Auto attendant is not redirecting directly to the correct mailbox to leave a voice mail.

Mashhour Faraj

Monday, September 29, 2014 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Do you have the menu navigation and key mappings created for SBC dial plan.  I think there should be some setting missing out in key mappings . Please refer below technet for configuring key mappings

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997471(v=exchg.150).aspx

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

Monday, September 29, 2014 12:25 PM
  • Hi,

I believe it is not a configuration of menu navigation.

it should be like this, when the user is not answering his hand set, it will forward to the UM AA number, the auto attendant should directly give this message "User Name is currently unavailable, leave a voice message after the tone" something like this 

Mashhour Faraj

Monday, September 29, 2014 12:40 PM
  • Are you sending your voicemail calls from your PBX to the AA number?  If so, that's expected behavior.  Calls to voice mailboxes should be redirected to the SA (Subscriber Access) number that's defined in your dial plan. 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Monday, September 29, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Yes,

from PBX to AA through Sonus SBC 2000

now if I send PBX to Subscriber access will the caller be able directly to submit a voice mail message and after that the user will get notified through Exchange?

Mashhour Faraj

Monday, September 29, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Yes, provided it's configured correctly on your PBX.  The call should go to the number specified in the subscriber access settings in the dial plan with a diversion header that corresponds to the voicemail that should be reached.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Monday, September 29, 2014 2:00 PM
  • The question here when the call reach subscriber number it will tell this

"to access your mailbox enter your extension, to contact someone press the phone key"

Mashhour Faraj

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:04 PM
  • Sounds like your PBX isn't sending the diversion header with the phone number to be reached.   I'd suggest capturing a call with wireshark to confirm this. 

Are you using direct SIP between the PBX and Lync, or a gateway?  If you're using a gateway or SBC, what type?

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:21 PM
  • PBX is CS1000e and is using EuroISDN protocol

no direct sip, we are using gateway 'Sonus SBC2000' between PBX and Lync

Mashhour Faraj

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:23 PM
  • Not sure if EuroISDN supports the voicemail redirect, I typically use QSIG in these scenarios.  I'd suggest running the logger on the Sonus to see if you see a SIP Diversion Header in the invite, or an isdn redirect.  I'd also call Sonus to request assistance.  If you're licensed for QSIG, you might want to consider that.

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:26 PM
  • Thank you Anthony

I am engaging Sonus team to answer the question for "SIP diversion header or sip redirect in the invite".

once they reply I will update you

Mashhour Faraj

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

I got the below reply from Sonus team

You should be able to send original called number or redirecting number from PBX via Euro ISDN. This is usually sent in either Redirecting Number IE of ISDN Setup message or in a Facility message in the Setup that contains the Redirecting or Original Called number. We can then add this info to the Diversion header of the SIP Invite to Exchange UM. 

Mashhour Faraj

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 8:38 AM
  • Excellent, are they helping you ensure that the info is in the diversion header?

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:15 PM
  • Any updates on this issue?

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:44 PM