none
Single entry mode RRS feed

• Question

• If the Single Entry Mode is turned off,  does it meant that Work value being pushed to the Timecard is the project level value or if I have resource assigned and work allocated at task level the task level values will be pushed to the timecard.

I am in Project Server 2010 environment

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:05 PM

Answers

• Hi MattAv,

After a timesheet is created, it is not auto-populated or updated -> you do not need to do anything.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

• Marked as answer by MattAv Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:59 PM

All replies

• When a resource creates a timesheet , it can be populated in one of three modes.

1. no population

2. population at the project level

3. population at the task level

Assuming modes 2 or 3, the work which is assigned at the task level will be populated into the timesheet.  If it is set to mode 2, then the work for the tasks will come into the timesheet, but the task name will not (there will be a single line representing the project).  If it is set to mode 3, then the work for the tasks will come into the timesheet, with a separate line for each task.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:46 AM
  • Ben thanks for the response.  One more question if you don't mind.

In either scenario, i.e. single entry mode on or off, once the timesheet is submitted if I am not interested in bringing the actual hours into Project how would I manage the update que ( I assume the updates from timecards will line up for processing)?

Thanks

Matt

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Hi MattAv,

After a timesheet is created, it is not auto-populated or updated -> you do not need to do anything.

• Marked as answer by MattAv Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:59 PM