CERT EXPIRED RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I use Exchange 2007 and I did not receieve the certificat in time from my provider and could not renew my third party certificate. I have 2 HUBCAS and 2 ISA servers (Isa 2006).

Internaly the users can access to the OWA/oultook and have a message mentionning that the certificate is expired.

But externaly, the users can access to the prompt of OWA but cannot loggin! Could you please help me to allow external users to bypass that certification issue. I do not know what configuration could let the users to access their OWA from outside the company until I get the certificate renewed.

Thanks,
    Graig

PS: Many users only work from home and use Outlook Anywhere or OWA

Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:47 AM

Answers

• I suspect you are terminating SSL at the ISA server and that is why its not working.

I would get that cert renewed ASAP and apply at the ISA server as well.

You could also probably change the ISA config so it doesnt terminate there. I would ask this in the ISA forums if you want to go that route, though renewing the cert is really the best option:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Forefrontedgegeneral/threads

• Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:56 AM
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:20 PM

All replies

• I suspect you are terminating SSL at the ISA server and that is why its not working.

I would get that cert renewed ASAP and apply at the ISA server as well.

You could also probably change the ISA config so it doesnt terminate there. I would ask this in the ISA forums if you want to go that route, though renewing the cert is really the best option:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Forefrontedgegeneral/threads

• Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:56 AM
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Thanks for he link. I wish to get and install the cert ASAP but meanwhile I wish to allow users to connect .-S I'll explain my case on the other Forum

Thanks anyway :D

Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:34 PM