none
Edit a project to show particular project detail page RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project that I'm wanting the Project Status details page in an earlier (planning workflow stage). I know where the setting is for all projects but not for a particular project that has began.

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Indeed if you change a setting in the workflow (stage, phase..), as soon as the workflow is attached to one or more project types (EPT), this will impact all projects from the EPT(s).

You might need to create a new workflow, or eventually create a new EPT with no workflow associated but only PDPs.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by A.W Johnston Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:04 AM
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:50 AM

All replies

• The visible PDPs in a workflow are controlled within the stages. Not much detail in your question. Does that answer it?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:52 PM
  • Thanks Gary 

To be more specific I was wanting a PDP visible for a single specific project, changing the workflow in the PWA settings makes the change for all projects (of that project type). I don't believe that it can be done. If anyone can prove me wrong it would be Gary Chefetz himself. 

Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

Indeed if you change a setting in the workflow (stage, phase..), as soon as the workflow is attached to one or more project types (EPT), this will impact all projects from the EPT(s).

You might need to create a new workflow, or eventually create a new EPT with no workflow associated but only PDPs.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by A.W Johnston Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:04 AM
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:50 AM