Skype with VPN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

At work, when I connect to VPN" skype is not working and also outlook , when I am using only wi-fi every thing is fine.

how to check the problem ?

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi haneen91,

In order to narrow the issue, please help us confirm the following questions:
    1.What error message did you encounter when you use VPN?
    2.Did this issue happen to all users or specific user had this issue?
    3.Do you have Edge server in your environment?

Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Check that you have the internal certificate authority certificate installed into your computer
    2. Also check whether you have opened the ports from both sites if they are behind the firewalls, the basic port 5061 for the connectivity.  
    3. Double check your Firewall rules and routing
    4. Can you resolve the Front-End pool's FQDN after connected to the VPN tunnel? Run the NSLOOKUP command tool and try to resolve it via hostname and IP address
    5. Please check if the firewall DNS is pointing to the Domain.

Normally, Microsoft not recommend to use VPN for external access, Microsoft is recommend that you deploy Edge server for external access, usually, the Edge server is deployed in DMZ area, I will share a document about how to deploy Edge server
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933903.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 23, 2017 9:18 AM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:02 AM
  • Buddy, <g class="gr_ gr_8 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="8" id="8">i</g> think its a problem of your VPN. 

Because I am using ExpressVPN and I haven't face any issue like this, and I think you have to change your VPN you can try express VPN it provides 30 days money back guarantee, and I hope your problem will be resolved by using express as Skype VPN:  www.reviewsdir.com/best-vpns-for-skype/
    Monday, November 6, 2017 12:03 PM