Custom SCCM Client Settings created and deployed OK. If custom SCCM Client Settings edited does it have to be redeployed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all - just a very quick question which I hope has a quick straightforward answer..

I have created a Custom Client Settings object (SCCM console > Administration > Client Settings > Cteate Custom Client Device Settings...) and deployed it to my "All Workstations" collection.

The deployment is successful and the custom settings are applied to all Workstation.

If I change the configuration of the above Custom Client Settings object, do I have to redeploy it to the "All Workstations" collection? (i.e. delete the deployment and create a new deployment)?

I am hoping not and SCCm is smart enough to realise that the  Custom Client Settings object has been updated and will therefor update the SCCM client config on all workstations that have receieved the original settings?

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:28 AM

Answers

• The settings will be updated on the client when it downloads the machine policy.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:45 AM