none
How to make favorites open in a new tab the default setting. RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on a favorite from the favorites bar I want it to open in a new tab by default - 

I know I can right click to select a menu item to do this each time, but I want it to be the default action.

How can I configure IE10 to do this?

Friday, February 1, 2013 10:30 PM

Answers

• The easiest way is to center mouse wheel click on the Favorite,

Takes a little getting used to but it works. beside My Tabs setting is to Open in new tab and not letting ie figure it out and it still does not work.

Internet options/ General section/ Tabs settings button/ Tabs is the bottom two options.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:05 AM

All replies

Takes a little getting used to but it works. beside My Tabs setting is to Open in new tab and not letting ie figure it out and it still does not work.

Internet options/ General section/ Tabs settings button/ Tabs is the bottom two options.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:05 AM
  • In IE11 & Win 7, Mouse wheel does not work on Favorites. Also, right-click on favorite does not have 'Open in new tab' option
    Monday, May 26, 2014 9:32 PM
  • I received an email with a response to my comment. I do not see the reply here but in response to the reply, I am guessing you have the Favorites Bar enabled. I do not. With the bar enabled, yes, the mouse button and right-click do work but I cannot imagine how you deal with the bar. I cannot get all of my favorites to show.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 12:21 AM

It simply does not work on IE11 & Win8.1.

I can't understand why MS neglects such a big issue of TAB Browsing - its sheer failure of IE.

Sunday, June 22, 2014 2:32 PM

It simply does not work on IE11 & Win8.1.

Then that suggests your Wheel click is something other than Middle click.  Middle click works for me in IE11 on W8.1.1

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, June 22, 2014 4:35 PM
    Answerer