move sql server to different box RRS feed

• Question

• Sharepoint 2007:

I move backend sql server to different box and keep same front end.

I copy all databasess and their login to new box. 

I create web application and site.I run into "Cannot connect to the configuration database" when browse the site. I check event viewer:

Event id: 5214

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
    Event Category: Database
    Event ID: 5214
    Date:  6/8/2011
    Time:  4:30:09 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: SHAREPT1
    Description:
    Insufficient SQL database permissions for user '' in database 'Sharepoint_config' on SQL Server instance 'sqltest8'. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_getObjectsByClass', database 'Sharepoint_config', schema 'dbo'.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
     "

Any idea?I get stuck and need help.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To verify that account has correct permissions in SQL Server:

1. Connect to the computer that runs SQL Server by using an account with SQL Server administrator permissions.
    2. In SQL Server Management Studio, in the Object Explorer navigation pane, expand the Security node, and then click the Logins node. The name of the database access account indicates that it is a SQL login.
    3. If the account exists, open the database node, open the Security node, and then click Roles.
    4. Expand the Database Roles node, right-click db_owner, and select Properties.
    5. In the Database Roles Properties dialog box, check whether the database access account is in the Members of this role list. If the account is not listed, click Add.

For more details please visit the link below:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc561019(office.12).aspx

hth,

Chirag Patel, MCTS
    Blog: techChirag.com
    Twitter: @techChirag
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:04 PM