none
Status manager is greyed out in Project Summary Task RRS feed

• Question

• I was setting up the security on MS Project Server 2010. Only owners should have access to respective project schedules, so I used the filter option as "<label accessKey="?" for="idChkProjectsManaged">The User is the Project Owner or the User is the Status Manager on assignments within that Project</label>"

One of the user could able to see more schedules, on investigation, he was the status manager on those plan. I updated the status manager but could not able to update Project Summary level Status manager. It is greyed out. I saved/Published the plan, and checked back again but same result. Does anybody know how to change the status manager at the project summary level? Much appreciated.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi MuhNav,

The status manager cannot be changed on the project summary task. It will be by default the user that has currently opened the project.

Anyway this value makes not sense on the project summary task because the status manager will be the user that will approve tasks updates. On the project summary task, work resources cannot be assigned but only budget resources.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:03 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume.

What I figured that when you upload the plan to the server, whoever uploaded it, gets his name at the summary's status manager and fo some reason, it is not going away even if somebody else is opening the plan. What I did, was to remove it from the server and opload it again.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:25 PM