Lync mediation server OPTIONS question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having some troubles with my test Lync deployment. I have a stand alone mediation server that has one network card in my lab lan and another conected directly to the SIP trunk provider. Now I can see the OPTIONS request coming in on the interface (using wireshark), but my Lync server doesn't answer as far as I can tell. If I use the Lync logging tool I can only see OPTIONS request going to and from lync standard server (no mediation role) and my mediation server, but nothing is logged in the snooper that would show me if I have received OPTIONS from the provider. What should I be looking for in the traces, I was just looking in the messages logs. Any help would be apreciated..

Thanks...

Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:27 PM

All replies

• You need to track the call process, first from client to mediation server, than from mediation server to SIP Trunk provider.

check also if you have media bypass active this will not work with SIP Trunk provider.

trace also an incoming call from SIP trunk Provider and see the behavior at Mediation server.

You also should check if the call routing is really proper set.

Check also you routing based on IP, you need to ensure the correct routes in you network and SIP Trunk Providers IPs, this is a common mistake too

regards

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, January 16, 2012 10:24 AM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Dear friend, 

All Outbound and Inbound calls are working perfectly or not?

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:29 PM
  • Thanks,

I have routing set up properly as far as I can tell. I would like to know how can I check why mediation server isn't responding to options requests....

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:33 PM
  • Dear Friend,

you can trace Mediation from Lync logging tool and analysis by Snoop. Thats the recommended way.

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:47 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:24 PM
  • Hi,uros6789,

You can check if you have enabled MediaByPass on Refer Support on your mediation server,if you have please try to disable them and try again.

And as they said running Lync logging tool on Mediation server and client is a best option to check the specific information for analyzing the problem.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Hello,

both are disabled.

For the fun of it I just hooked up Asterisk server to the sip trunk and it started answering to the sip option requests at once. Don't know what is going on, but does an option request for lync has to be in some special format or something?

Best regards,

Uros

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:42 AM