none
resource usage does not calculate variance with baseline 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My resource usage view is calculating the variance against Baseline instead of Baseline1 even though i set it in options to calculate against baseline 1.

ANy thoughts?

Monday, February 18, 2013 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have sent it up through the "ranks" and they are able to reproduce the error.  I'm afraid I can't say if/when it may be fixed - but I can say it is on radar.

• Marked as answer by eagle_one34 Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:07 PM

All replies

• Hello Eagle_one34,

I can confirm that I see the same issue - Project 2010 SP-1 - the work variance field is not calculating correctly when using Baseline1.  However, I copied Baseline1 into Baseline10 - and set the variance to calculate from Baseline 10 and that works.

What version of Project are you using?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:16 AM
  • Hi Julie,

I'm using Project 2010 SP1 too. It's really weird and odd that it only calculates in Baseline in the Resourse Usage view only  and calculates the variance in the task usage view or Gantt chart using Baseline1.

Isn't this a bug? and i'll be surprised if Microsoft let something like this slip through the Quality process.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:48 AM
  • It is certainly less than ideal - but even though it appears to be the same data - it is actually different data - resource Work versus Task Work. 

I think this may already be known and may very well be on the list for a fix. 

I am seeing both calculate OK using Baseline10 - there may be a bug with Baseline 1.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:01 AM
  • Hi Julie,

this is weird i tried on mine and it's still calculating the variance in the resource usage view using Baseline10 for the task and Baseline for the Resource.

please let me know your thoughts.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:58 PM
  • Is this occurring in all files or just one?  I was able to get consistent calculations using Baseline10 and setting the EV calculation to Baseline10.

Actually I may need to take that back. In further testing, I too, am getting inconsistent results.  I will post this to an internal list to see if I can get others to reproduce.

Julie

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:10 PM
  • Thank you. please let me know if you have any progress on this one :) Appreciate your help
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:48 PM
  • Hi,

I have sent it up through the "ranks" and they are able to reproduce the error.  I'm afraid I can't say if/when it may be fixed - but I can say it is on radar.

• Marked as answer by eagle_one34 Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:07 PM
  • Thank you Julie.
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:47 PM