none
No website filtering when using Sprint Mobile Broadband RRS feed

• Question

• I am having quite the issue with SteadyState.  I have configured SteadyState to allow just a handful of domains, and it also protect the hard drive.  Everything works great when connected via ethernet.  As soon as I connected with the mobile broadband, SteadyState will allow every website to pass through.  I have tried to disable SteadyState, reboot, enable SteadyState, and reboot again, to having it happen the same way.  I have looked through the settings time and time again.  Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?  Thank you!  Brian
    Friday, March 14, 2008 8:17 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting here!

From the post, I understand that "Website filter" function does not work if the computer connects to the Internet via sprint mobile broadband.

Before we go further, I would appreciate your help to clarify the following questions regarding the issue.

1.       Does the issue occur on all restricted users?

2.       Does the issue occur if we create a new restricted user and use the user account to log on?

As we do not have sprint mobile broadband in our test environment, we will further confirm this issue. Meanwhile, let's see if any other user has the same issue and if there is any workaround available. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Monday, March 17, 2008 6:55 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting here!

From the post, I understand that "Website filter" function does not work if the computer connects to the Internet via sprint mobile broadband.

Before we go further, I would appreciate your help to clarify the following questions regarding the issue.

1.       Does the issue occur on all restricted users?

2.       Does the issue occur if we create a new restricted user and use the user account to log on?

As we do not have sprint mobile broadband in our test environment, we will further confirm this issue. Meanwhile, let's see if any other user has the same issue and if there is any workaround available. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Monday, March 17, 2008 6:55 AM
  • Thank your for the reply Sean,

To answer your questions, this does occur on restriced users.  Their profile is locked.  I can not say whether or not it occurs on all resticted users, as we only have one on the laptop.  I can try to create a new restricted user, and test it that way.  Unfortunatly, I will not be able to do this today (3/17), but I will as soon as possible, and get back to you.

Best,

Brian
    Monday, March 17, 2008 1:19 PM
  • Was a solution ever found for this issue?  I am having the same problem with Verizon mobile broadband.

Thanks,
    -Todd
    Friday, May 15, 2009 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

The "prevent internet access" restriction works by changing the proxy setting in the control panel's Internet Options.  If Verizon's or Sprint's mobile broadband software sets the proxy server, it will bypass SteadyState's filtering.

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 5:02 AM