problem with wireless laser keyboard 6000 v2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• keyboard has just packed up working. Have changed the batteries and tried to connect it again to the receiver by pressing button on receiver and small white button on back of keyboard but nothing happens.It is a keyboard/mouse set bought about a year ago, and have had no trouble at all untill now, not even when i've changed previous batteries. In fact the mouse is still working perfectly, so it can't be a connestion problem. Sometimes after pressing the connection button I can get a few key clicks out of it then it just go's dead again.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please download the product software from the following place:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

You can follow the instructions here to troubleshoot the issue.

Considering the issue is related to Microsoft Hardware and we have specified support for it, it is also recommended that you go to Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products or contact Microsoft Hardware Support for further investigation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please download the product software from the following place:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

You can follow the instructions here to troubleshoot the issue.

Considering the issue is related to Microsoft Hardware and we have specified support for it, it is also recommended that you go to Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products or contact Microsoft Hardware Support for further investigation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:47 AM
  • After a long time of search to this problem i found that the main problem is the power of the usb inputs of the computer. I had the same problem with you as also i couldn't charge my iPad2 thru my usb port. The same happens to the transmitter of my wireless keyboard. After about 10 minutes i had disconections all the time because my usb ports voltage could not handle the transmitter. The solution to this was a nice utility from Asus that is upgrating the voltage on the usb port so that it can charge the ipad2. After installing this utility my ipad2 charging great and my wireless keyboard never disconected again. This is because now the usb port has more than 1000mAh power and the transmitter of the keyboard works great. You can find the utility here... 

http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/ai_charger/

Hope to work for you...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:50 PM