none
IIS - Application Pool Monitoring

Question

• Dears,

We have a requirement to monitoring specific application pool across the environment in SCOM 2012R2. When i checked the application pool in IIS, around 40k objects existed. We don't want all of them to be monitored. We have around 20 app pools needs to be monitored in 800 servers.

When I look for the override, I'm not able to target specific application pool object to a Group. The only option left is to do this manually on each servers. This will take ages.

Can someone help on this configuration ?

Thanks,

Ramu Chittiprolu

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You could create a custom class and override your monitor for it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh457543(v=sc.12).aspx

Thanks.

Sam

Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:59 AM
  • Thanks Sam.

I tried creating the management class but not sure about the registry path and I couldn't find it in internet on "IIS application pool" path. Can you please update on this. Thanks.

Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:25 AM
  • Hi,

By default , we can not do anything for application pool discovery for IIS (IMHO, we may need to change IIS MP).

As a workaround :

1. first disable all of IIS related monitor .

2. create a group ,which contains all application pools what you need to monitor

3. override (enable) the monitors you need for the group you have created 

Regarding create group please check the following article:

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2010/11/18/tuning-the-iis-management-packs-to-ignore-default-items/

Hope it is useful to you .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Ijaz_mrm Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:09 AM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 10:49 AM