DHCP server unable to reach the NPS server RRS feed

• Question

• I have added NPS role in my windows 2008 server and a green NAP server icon indicates that NPS is available and connected. But my VM clients are not getting the IP(DHCP communication is not there with NPS). Please help me out..
    Friday, February 15, 2013 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi kartik0506,

What is the hypervisor platform? How do you setup the virtual network?

If you use Hyper-V, with the Internal Virtual Switch, VMs can only communicate with each other and the Hyper-V host by default. With External Virtual Switch, we can treat VMs as the physical machines.

Therefore, would you please let us know more details about your network configurations.

More information:

Configure Networking

Hyper-V: Virtual Networking Survival Guide

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:44 AM
    Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Hi,

There are a couple of possibilities. I assume that DHCP and NPS are installed on the same computer (this is required). You must also NAP-enable the DHCP scope, and NAP agent should be running on clients, as well as the DHCP enforcement client. You should also have run the NPS policy wizard and added policies on NPS for DHCP NAP. Can you confirm these things? What guide are you using to configure NAP?

Thanks,

-Greg

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, February 25, 2013 2:27 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi kartik0506,

What is the hypervisor platform? How do you setup the virtual network?

If you use Hyper-V, with the Internal Virtual Switch, VMs can only communicate with each other and the Hyper-V host by default. With External Virtual Switch, we can treat VMs as the physical machines.

Therefore, would you please let us know more details about your network configurations.

More information:

Configure Networking

Hyper-V: Virtual Networking Survival Guide

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:44 AM
    Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Hi,

There are a couple of possibilities. I assume that DHCP and NPS are installed on the same computer (this is required). You must also NAP-enable the DHCP scope, and NAP agent should be running on clients, as well as the DHCP enforcement client. You should also have run the NPS policy wizard and added policies on NPS for DHCP NAP. Can you confirm these things? What guide are you using to configure NAP?

Thanks,

-Greg

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, February 25, 2013 2:27 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:30 AM