SQL Native client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi can anu please help me to uninstall native client, when i try uninstall native client i am getting an error msg asking for installation package.

I need this be uninstall and then install through upgarding Symantec back exec 12.5 to 2010.

please any help

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think you may have this error message "An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'."

To work around this problem, uninstall SQL Native Client by using Add or Remove Programs. On a cluster, uninstall SQL Native Client from all nodes. Then, run SQL Server Setup again.

If the Native Client is not listed in ARP (Add or Remove Programs), you can still remove it using the Product Code. Search the Native Client setup log for the product code (you should be able to find "ProductCode=" near the top of the file. This will give you a GUID that identifies the component. Then in the Run dialog, type:

msiexec /X <product code>

This should remove the Native Client and allow you to start again.

But I am curious whether it is necessary to uninstall and reinstall Native client through the upgrade of Anti-virus software. 

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Siva1983 Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Feng (SQL) Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:39 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please paste exact error that is your getting.And how you are trying to uninstall.

Sivaprasad.L Together We can Achieve
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:37 AM
  • Hi,

I think you may have this error message "An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'."

To work around this problem, uninstall SQL Native Client by using Add or Remove Programs. On a cluster, uninstall SQL Native Client from all nodes. Then, run SQL Server Setup again.

If the Native Client is not listed in ARP (Add or Remove Programs), you can still remove it using the Product Code. Search the Native Client setup log for the product code (you should be able to find "ProductCode=" near the top of the file. This will give you a GUID that identifies the component. Then in the Run dialog, type:

msiexec /X <product code>

This should remove the Native Client and allow you to start again.

But I am curious whether it is necessary to uninstall and reinstall Native client through the upgrade of Anti-virus software. 

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Siva1983 Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Feng (SQL) Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:39 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:35 AM