none
Install .NET Framework 3.5 Components on Clean Install Copy of Windows 10 1809 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,

With previous Windows installations, for example 1803, I would made a Folder and copy:

Microsoft-Windows-NetFX3-OnDemand-Package.cab
    Microsoft-Windows-NetFX3-OnDemand-Package-en-us.cab

To the folder plus a batch file to install manually & offline:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFX3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:%~dp0

---

Unfortunately with release of Windows 10 1809 x64 the file names are changed and the code also does not work:

Win 10 x64 1809 :: sources \ sxs \

microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~.cab
    Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~.cab

1st you notice the file name changes in both files.

2nd the code does not work:

Error: 87

DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "1809"\".

Please advise,

Cheers.

Friday, October 5, 2018 2:50 PM

All replies

• Uninstall Windows 10 Version 1809 aka October Update.

Microsoft paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809). Please don’t install it and wait until new media is available.

Microsoft will provide an update when they resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers.

Ref.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:39 AM
  • Thanks buddy,

After masterpieces of Windows 10 Updates! I install every new update on Virtual Machine for some days before my real environment.

October 2018 update was the worst one as there were many bugs to list, so I already ignored it.

Thanks for your confirmation however :)

Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your understanding and support. We will notify you as soon as possible after the update is launched.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any issue.

Best

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 8, 2018 8:52 AM
  • I heard finally a patch is released, KB4464330:

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4464330

But is there new ISOs released for build 1809 or I just need to install & apply the above patch?

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

New ISO hasn't been released. You can install KB4464330 first.

Thanks for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:47 AM
  • Now that 1809 is released I am having the same issue during testing of our "old" method of installing .net 3.5 (same method as person who made this thread) - is there a fix or alternative method?
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:40 PM
  • I am use package from Win2019 server iso - working fine

Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~.cab

Friday, November 16, 2018 12:28 PM
  • Deleted
    • Proposed as answer by EckiS Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:11 AM
    Friday, November 16, 2018 1:05 PM
  • Uninstall Windows 10 Version 1809 aka October Update.

Microsoft paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809). Please don’t install it and wait until new media is available.

Microsoft will provide an update when they resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers.

Ref.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Will MS release the new media for 1809?
    Friday, November 16, 2018 8:36 PM
  • It has been re-released on Volume Licensing Center now

Roger G CH - thanks I found a similar solution that worked for me that I forgot to post on here.

• Edited by Tom__P Monday, November 19, 2018 3:34 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2018 3:34 PM
  • How to fix.

Download the Windows 10 1809 .iso file using the Microsoft media creation tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Sign in as admin, run that tool, create media for another PC, download iso.

Once you have the .iso mount the iso (double click on it)

Open the command prompt as admin

Run this command

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:d:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

(d:\sources\sxs = use whatever the drive letter for the mounted .iso is)

This should work.

You MUST MUST MUST use the .iso for the version of Windows you are using... Microsoft checks. Version mismatch between the .iso and your PC and it will fail with some bogus error message and you will spend 3 days pulling your hair out and yelling at people on the internet trying to get a core feature of Windows working because Microsoft wants to play .net version Nazi.

-RW

• Edited by Redwizard001 Monday, January 28, 2019 11:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ftelf Saturday, February 23, 2019 9:18 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 11:07 PM
  • @Redwizard001 Thank you so much! I have tried every weird way to install that. Disabling WU in registry, uninstalling newer .NET, safe mode, switching language to English. But this was it. The cab has to be from the VERY SAME windows build.
    Saturday, February 23, 2019 9:21 PM
  • Awesome!  Worked!
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:08 PM
  • How to fix.

Download the Windows 10 1809 .iso file using the Microsoft media creation tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Sign in as admin, run that tool, create media for another PC, download iso.

Once you have the .iso mount the iso (double click on it)

Open the command prompt as admin

Run this command

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:d:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

(d:\sources\sxs = use whatever the drive letter for the mounted .iso is)

This should work.

You MUST MUST MUST use the .iso for the version of Windows you are using... Microsoft checks. Version mismatch between the .iso and your PC and it will fail with some bogus error message and you will spend 3 days pulling your hair out and yelling at people on the internet trying to get a core feature of Windows working because Microsoft wants to play .net version Nazi.

-RW

Bro, dude - after spending too many hours on this sht, i luckily stumbled upon your reply. The "MUST MUST MUST" part helped me spot on. Cheers!

*Copying my original error in here in case it helps people searching to find it- Error: 0x800F081F  The source files could not be found.“"

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:d:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

THIS ^ WORKED

You're a god-damn hero. You helped save me some time and my customer money :)
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:51 PM