none
Microsoft Edge not loading Flash content on an internal site with a self-signed certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I apologize if this isn't the right forum, but I did not see one that is specifically for Microsoft Edge.

We have an internal Flash application at work that utilizes a self-signed certificate for HTTPS. When attempting to load the page hosting the application, only the background will load. Other than the initial warning regarding the self-signed certificate, there are no errors logged in the browser or the application's backend. The page would load successfully prior to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

One workaround to get the application to load is to install the self-signed certificate in Internet Explorer. After that, it works fine. My question is: does the version of Microsoft Edge that comes with the Anniversary Update have a new security feature that prevents it from loading Flash content when a self-signed certificate is involved? If not, does anyone have any ideas as to why the content will not load unless the certificate is installed?

Edge version 

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393

Flash version

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:16 PM

Answers