none
IRM Integration with iOS Outlook app.

Question

• Hello,

I'm unable to consume protected emails on Outlook app for iOS using ADRMS on premises, is this the normal behaviour?

I can open office protected docs using the office apps. I also can open ppdf files using the Azure Information Protection App. 

If i use the native email app for iOS i can open the email message (rpmsg) in the AIP app. Using outlook for iOS i'm unable to consume protected content!

Any help please. 

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 4:23 PM

All replies

• Howdy,

The Outlook app is looking at your Exchange (OWA) service, to confirm the ability to open the protected content. Protected documents use the "MDE" service with AD RMS.

Make sure you can open a protected email in the OWA client, you should be able to open this with your Outlook client. Same requirements, you're needing to reach your AD RMS service ( which sounds like it's working as you're able to open protected content with the AIP app ).

If this still doesn't work with the AIP app, even if OWA working, my suggestion is to create a support ticket within the portal.office.com team asking for an Office 365 support with Outlook. As Outlook isn't working when establishing a connectivity to the AD RMS service. ( Proven through the confirmed of OWA and the AIP app ).

Hopefully this helped,

Thursday, March 01, 2018 2:12 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Which OWA client are you talking about, the OWA app for iOS or the OWA in web browser?

In the web browser OWA i can open protected emails.

I don't have a office 365 account, should i need it for the outlook iOS app?

• Edited by mlourenco Thursday, March 01, 2018 10:24 AM
    Thursday, March 01, 2018 10:00 AM
  • Hello, 

Any feedback on this?

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:23 PM