none
Project Server 2013 - How to Change Date format on Project Detail Pages RRS feed

• Question

• In my Project Server 2013 environment, all of the custom fields I have defined as dates are showing up with a date and time format. I want it to be date only. I cannot find where I modify the date format. I have tried changing it in the Global MPP and that does not seem to impact the project detail pages.

I have set up other 2013 environment for clients and have never had it default to this format.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Hart - Cardinal Solutions

Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Are you talking about PWA or Project Pro?

• In PWA: the project has to be checked in first, then go to the "options" tab in the ribbon and unselect the checkbox that allows displaying time with the date.
    • In Project Pro, it is up to users to set in the date format without the time in file\options\schedule, date format.
    • In the PDP, date custom fields are displayed by default with time, the only suggestion I could make would be to create an associated custom field equal to your date field with a formula displaying only the date.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:40 PM
  • The time (hour:minute:second) only shows if the field is saved in the DB with a time of day that is different than some Pro setting (that I don't remember by heart now). If you have any custom field that doesn't show the time portion look at that value in the DB (it's probably 8am - 08:00:00) and update all other date CFs to use the same time portion. Or if the time portion is not relevant / important you can trim it for all datetime fields directly in the DB.

www.umt.com

Friday, February 14, 2014 7:54 PM
  • Hi
    Can you explain maybe a little more the PDP version of this issue?

When I set up new field besides the original one, then I would see two columns but with different values inside PDP, right? Or?

Second option I will use Jquery, to check for date fields (these that have the calendar icon on the right side) and for these I will correct each time the values. Not so pretty and clean solution.

Do you know another options?

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:35 AM